Navigation - My Admin 4 >> My Firm >> Clients >> 'Import Clients' button
Clients can be imported directly into Capium through My Admin, and upon a successful import, your clients will automatically reflect across all modules including Practice Management.
Head to My Admin by following the navigation above and click on Clients page. You will then see 3 buttons at the top of that page: 'Import Clients', 'Bridging' & 'New Client'.
Once you click on 'Import Clients' you will be directed to the client import screen - there you will need to follow the guidance provided.
Also take note of the 'Available Fields' section on the right-hand side as that will provide clear guidance as to what data is mandatory and what isn't when importing your clients.
Step 1. Download the CSV template provided & populate the file with your client's data
Please do not change the column headings in the template file.
Step 2. Upload the completed file using the button as shown below
Please take note of the supported format information
Step 3. Validate and Complete your import!
Here you will be presented with a preview of your file. You will be prompted if there are any issues, of which you can fix straight away. If there are no issues, simply click Save to import.
Having issues?-Please look at the below bullet points
- Client Type can be Limited (company), Sole Trader, Individual (person), Partnership or LLP
- Address will not be accepted with any commas in. Example Flat 2, London House will not be accepted. Should be written at Flat 2 London House
- Please use formatting settings to keep the 0's in your phone numbers. Either change to text or Custom
- If you do not add a Business Start Date/Book Start Date it will default to the day of upload
- Business start date is the date of registration of the company, Book Start Date is the day they started trading
- If VAT scheme is left empty it will default to Accrual Scheme