Use the 'Authorising your agent (64-8)' form to tell HMRC that you give authorisation for someone to act on your behalf for individual or business tax affairs.
Step 1: Ensuring your required agent details are entered into Capium.
From the Home menu along the right: Click to open My Admin > Within my firm select agent credentials > Click the edit option to add in the agent credentials. (Display Image below)
Step 2: Preparing and filing the 64-8
Click the Capium Logo to open the menu > Open Practice manager > Select workspace along the top > Dropdown menu select clients > Click on the client/s name (blue highlight)-(Image Below).
Capium 64-8 is suitable for all Client types:
Below is the client menu from where the settings option will display > Click Agent Authorization to open the window to enable a new request to HMRC. (Images below)
Step 3: Client details
- Ensure you have entered the following required information into ‘Client details’ in admin/Practice manager. Note that data marked * and the Client’s Code are the only data sent VIA Online submission.
- Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)* & National Insurance Number (NINO)*
- Name & address/postcode*
- UTR* & Company Registration Number (CRN)*
- Company name & registered office address/postcode*
- Associated directors, secretaries, etc via ‘Relationships’
- Partnership name & address/postcode
- Associated partners, etc via ‘Relationships’
- Settlor/Trustee name & address/postcode
- Associated trustees etc via ‘Relationships’
- Tax Credits
- As individuals above, plus joint claimant’s NINO if required
- In addition to the above, the PAYE reference & PAYE Office Code (employers only)
- In addition to the above, the VAT registration number
What happens after successful activation of the 64-8:
- It can take up to 24 hours for a 64-8 related to an Individual to appear on your HMRC client list.
- It can take up to 72 hours for a 64-8 related to a Limited Company to appear on your HMRC client list.
- Note that you can still file the client’s SA100 or CT600 tax returns at any time.
Potential Issues faced:
- 1046 – Authentication Failure
- 7001/7008 – Data does not match the error