HMRC has created a new Application User Interface (API) to send relevant information to end users. This is their first step toward Making Tax Digital (MTD).
As part of this API, users will be able to access:
- Employment income and tax deducted
- Indication if employment is Off-Payroll working (new 2021)
- Benefits in kind received from employment (P11D)
- Pensions (not State pension)
- Incapacity benefit
- Jobseekers allowance
- SEISS claimed (new 2021)
- Tax refunded or set off by HMRC
- Marriage allowance status
- Confirm if the individual is claiming as a transferor or recipient of the allowance
- Marriage allowance eligibility
- HMRC will confirm if an individual is eligible to make a claim
- National insurance -
- Total Class 1 earnings between the primary threshold and upper limit.
- Total charge due for Class 2
- Confirms if the maximum contribution has been reached for the year
Overview of the feature
As discussed in the above video, there are three steps for bringing your client's data into the SA100 Forms.
Step 1 - HMRC Authorisation
Navigation: Self Assessment >> Select a client >> Self Assessment Authorisation
Step 2 - HMRC Connect
Navigation: Self Assessment >> Select a client >> Edit SA100 >> HMRC Connect
Please note that the information imported from HMRC is from earlier submissions made for the clients. Please ensure that you check the accuracy of this information prior to creating the employment forms with this data.